Here at Bob’s Bad Movie Blog, we (i.e. Me) are dedicated to the truth. Ever since my first viewing of The Room, starring Tommy Wiseau, I have had a gnawing at the back of my mind like something in the world wasn’t right. Now, at first my theory was just playful speculation, but the more that I uncovered, the stronger that my convictions became. This page is dedicated to uncovering the truth about Tommy Wiseau, and that truth is that he is not of Earthly origin. I am not saying this as a joke. I truly believe that Tommy Wiseau is an extra-terrestrial, and this is where I want all of the facts to come out.
“Famously Mysterious”: Little is known about Tommy’s history, and almost nothing is known beyond 10 years ago. His birthday is October 3rd, 1968 (supposedly), and his point of origin is New Orleans. I believe this to be the first clue as to how long he has been here. Obviously, if he wasn’t on the planet until 15-20 years ago, there would be no record of him anywhere. October 3rd is most likely the date that he landed, but the year could simply be his own guess as to how old he looks. My personal theory is that he arrived at some point in the late 80’s/early 90’s, but I have nothing to help me narrow that down. New Orleans is where I think that he landed, but that could easily just be to throw people off.
Language Barrier: Tommy Wiseau has an accent that I have been unable to place. He claims that he moved between Europe and America frequently, living in France for an extended time. If I were an alien who was trying to learn Earth’s languages, I would quickly find an excuse for any strange dialects in my voice. By saying he is from New Orleans and Europe, he thinks that he can explain the fact that he talks like a 5 year-old, but it just doesn’t hold water. His accent is unreal, and his mastery of the English language is rudimentary at best. He doesn’t understand emoting or emphasis, and at times it seems like he just strings random words together to form quasi-sentences. Here he is reciting a sonnet as if he learned how to speak from an airplane pilot.
And here’s a clip from The Room, showcasing his lack of understanding in the realm of human emotion.
Personal Funds: The Room, which was produced/directed/written by and starred Tommy Wiseau was also completely funded out-of-pocket by him (so….he produced it….). The actual figure is unknown, but the number that I keep seeing pop up is around 6 million for the finished product. Where did Tommy get 6 million dollars to throw away on a horrible movie with absolutely no previous films to draw on? Nobody knows. My theory: he sells his alien technology in secret and lives off of the profit for years (not unlike the film The Man Who Fell To Earth).
Acting Experience: According to IMDB, Tommy Wiseau was professionally trained to be an actor at American Conservatory Theater, Vince Chase Workshop, Jean Shelton Acting Lab, Laney College and Stella Adler Academy of Acting. This would be extremely expensive, but as I’ve already pointed out, that wouldn’t be an issue. With the amount of apparent schooling that he allegedly received, it’s hard to believe that his abilities would be anything less than passable, and yet he remains utterly incapable of maintaining a believable moment while performing. Yes, I know that this isn’t proof that he is an alien, but I thought somebody should point it out. Here’s another clip.
He’s An Alien: My final point is that he is an alien. Plain and simple. He is. The following clip is a 7 minute interview that Tommy Wiseau did for The Room DVD, and I want you to watch it with the knowledge that he is a visitor from another planet. If you can keep that in mind and watch this, I can guarantee that your eyes will be opened to the truth.
- The opening for “Wiseau Films” is a W flying around space (much like Wiseau himself) and coming to Earth.
- Tommy wants you to see the movie “at your theatre”, which either means he assumes everyone on Earth has their own theatre, or he doesn’t understand what a DVD actually is.
- He doesn’t actually explain anything about how he made The Room, just that he came up with the idea and then made it. A human would find that too vague a response and at least make something up.
- The title “The Room” has a special meaning to Tommy. I assume that on his alien home world, everyone spends most of their lives in a singular room.
- When Tommy says “person”, he has to specify “he or she”. I believe that there are multiple sexes on his home planet, not just male or female.
- I think Tommy believes that some movies are made “by accident”, which stems from the possibility that creativity is only a random occurence on his home world.
- Tommy has no idea that there is a difference between “football” and “catch”. Also, he assumes that nobody plays football outside of the big stadiums that he has seen, which indicates another lack of social interaction with humans.
- The idea of The Room is to express yourself while watching it, and I think this is a scheme set up by Tony to record real human reactions in an effort to better duplicate them.
- Tommy says that he enjoys being an actor because it allows him to “experience” his “emotions”. Well, that sounds like the talk of someone who doesn’t understand what emotions are.
- Tommy claims that he will be releasing a DVD documentary about the difference between HD and 35mm film, and that he will also be writing a book about it. Being an alien, he obviously doesn’t understand the simple technologies of Earth, and believes that we the people are also morons.
- His plan is to invade our TVs and theatres, much like an alien would plan to invade Earth. Coincidence?
- “The Room is not for everyone….every American should see it twice”. This sort of contradicts itself, but my main worry is that he’s claiming to be American. I think he originally wanted to say “human” instead, but that would have been too obvious.
- The constant dubbing and cutting in this entire interview demonstrates just how unreliable his understanding of English remains. He is obviously incapable of completing a sentence without reverting to his alien language, which of course must then be edited out.
Please help me in exposing Tommy Wiseau by providing any proof that you come across, and together we can finally bring this great charade to an end. I can only do so much on my own, but I know that with enough help we can bring the truth in to the light. We are not alone in this universe.